MQX 2018 - Dotty for MQX Challenge
SPONSORS FOR DOTTY CHALLENGE
Thank you to Patricia Ritter of Urban Elementz
Thank you to Brint Fanizza of Famore Cutlery
Additional thanks to Dotty for MQX Challenge Sponsors:
So how did this challenge come about?
It has been said that MQX Founder, Janet-Lee Santeusanio has a love of polka dot fabrics. Her recent closet clean-out indicated a longtime obsession with polka dots when she found numerous articles of clothing, covered in dots! Her desk boasts of several dotted reader glasses and let's not even talk about her stash.
Did you see the student/vendor lanyards? Yup, polka dots.
So Mary's thought was....... let's do a new challenge for 2018.
Announcing for 2018, The "Dotty for MQX" Challenge!
Here are the rules and guidelines:
- The final quilt size, with binding, must be 40" x 40" (no larger, no smaller)
- All entries must be machine quilted
- $10 entry fee, per quilt, and one entrant may submit up to two entries
- Entries may be appliquéd, painted (thread or paints), or pieced
- Winners will be judged on all standard MQX judging criteria AND the best incorporation of polka dots
- The entry deadline is August 1, 2018 (the same deadline as the competition quilts).
Entries will debut at MQX New England 2018 and travel to the MQX Midwest 2018.
More details about prizes will follow. Put your thinking caps on and get creative!